This is a recipe for peanut butter rice krispie treats!
It doesn’t take a lot of effort or time to make and let me tell you, this is my first attempt ever at making any kind of sweet treats. I started with the peanut butter rice krispie treats because they sounded delicious. With no experience whatsoever I took on the task of making these mouthwatering treats. Okay, here is what It takes to make these delicious treats.
- one cup karo syrup,
- 1 cup sugar,
- 1 cup peanut butter 6 cups of rice krispies,
- no stick spray—
- a pot with a handle (The one I used here was a little hard to control.)
- a 1 cup measuring cup
- a pan 9 x 11 x 2
- I prefer a 9 x 13 x 2 just to make them a little thinner
- and a wooden spoon (Not plastic) it melts..
Here is how to put it all together.
- Take the Karo syrup and sugar, pour them into the pot. Use low heat and stir as you bring it up to a slow boil.
- Once u have a slow boil put in the one cup of peanut butter and stir until everything is mixed and it all looks even and smooth.
- Then turn off the heat. Pour in your 6cups of rice krispies and continue to stir them until everything is coated evenly.
- Scrape the mixture into your 9x13x2 pan. Then take wax paper and place over the top and press until everything lays out evenly.
- Then you just let cool at room temp or chill in the refrigerator. Save the wax paper because you can use it to cut the treats on later.
If you clean everything right away with hot water it cleans up very nicely and without too much hassle.
After cooling cut the peanut butter rice krispie treats into small squares or bars, I would suggest cutting them a little smaller than the size of a candy bar. that is about a perfect portion because these things are sweet!!
These squares are big. I went back and cut them into quarters and that is about a perfect portion. Over all these Peanut butter rice krispie treats turned out good. I will be messing around with different recipes for this one though. If you have any suggestions, they would be nice to hear. Thanks for stopping by and ENJOY!
UPDATE!! I put these in the refrigerator over night and WOW! What a difference it made in the way they taste! These things are awesome!