Chocolate Mint Rice Krispie Treats
These turned out spectacular. I had found a bag of Jet puffed chocolate mint marshmallows and thought they would add just the right touch of flavor. To my disappointment there was not a lot of flavor to them at all, just a hint of what I was looking for. So I went back and looked to see if there was anything to give these rice krispie treats a little more chocolate kick.
While I was looking at regular milk chocolate chips, I came across a bag of Andes baking chocolate and knew immediately it was a match meant to be. Mint and chocolate marshmallows and chocolate chip with mint.
I am a beginner at making anything in the kitchen, so I had to learn how to melt the chocolate which didn’t turn out to be hard at all. There were a couple of options I ran across. Either putting them in the microwave or placing a glass bowl over a pot of hot water. I chose to get the experience of trying it over the oven.
Here is how you make them.
What you need:
- 1 bag Andes chocolate
- 1 bag chocolate mint marshmallows 8-10 oz
- 3 tbs butter
- 5 cups rice krispies
- Spray your pan you plan on putting these in with no stick.
- Melt the butter and marshmallows in a pan.
- When all is melted add the rice krispies.
- Stir together and hold the handle tight, because these things stick together.
- Scoop into your pan and place wax paper over to spread evenly.
For the chocolate
- Place a small pan of water on the stove and put a glass bowl on top of it.
- Pour about 4 oz. of chocolate in and stir, (be sure to have your potholder handy).
- When its all melted pour over the rice krispie treats.
- Put in the fridge and let cool
- cut into squares or however you want to
- Eat em up..
This would be a great idea to make for St. Patrick’s Day, they come out with a green texture but taste great. Hope you enjoy these Chocolate Mint Rice Krispie Treats. They were pretty easy to make and delicious..